Let us shine a little light on your foot problems. Yes, we mean that literally! Lasers aren’t just for light shows at rock concerts. With extensive research and continuous improvement, the new MLS laser therapy is a shining light in the treatment of several foot and ankle issues.
Conditions treated with laser therapy are many, but they have a couple of things in common. They make you hurt, or they make your tissues swell up or become inflamed. Here are a few foot problems that can benefit from this new treatment:
- Rheumatoid or osteoarthritis – These painful conditions involve deterioration of the linings of the joints in your feet (and elsewhere). When your bones lose their cartilage or the synovial joint linings become inflamed, sending focused wavelengths of light deep into the affected tissue helps relieve your pain and inflammation.
- Chronic plantar fasciitis – The pain and inflammation in the plantar fascia usually results from overuse. The lasers stimulate cell function in the fascia to help it heal and reduce your pain. Some relief can be felt after just one session, and a full course of treatments usually allows you to return to all of your activities without pain.
- Achilles tendinitis – Damage to the cord at the back of your heel is often associated with tight calf muscles. MLS laser therapy leads to formation of new tiny blood vessels that nourish the tendon and promote cell repair and growth so the pain and inflammation in the tissue are relieved.
- Neuromas – This swollen nerve between your toes causes prickly pain and numbness in the forefoot. Laser treatment stimulates your cells to use energy and nutrients more efficiently, allowing tissues to heal and reducing symptoms.
- Neuropathy pain – This is great news for diabetic patients or those with nerve damage from other conditions. The therapy brings relief from the tingling pain and numbness and restores function to the nerves again.
At Advanced Foot & Ankle Specialists of Arizona we don’t claim to be rock stars, but we sure enjoy singing the praises of our new MLS laser. What’s not to like about a treatment that is pain free, non-invasive, and very successful at relieving your symptoms? Call our greater Phoenix area offices to find out more: (480) 963-9000 in Chandler, AZ and (480) 981-1800 in Gilbert.